Sunday, November 6, 2011

Freiburg

On Saturday, Tim and Bekah went on a trip with a group of friends from the university.

Here is us with Claire and Foley
We left Konstanz at about 10:30 and arrived (after several train switches) around 12:30 in Freiburg im Breisgau, on the border of the black forest. Unfortunately, I didn't do much research ahead of time, and then only thing I knew about the city was that there are a ton of little water channels running through the street, and if you step in one, legend says you are going to marry someone from Freiburg. Fortunately, neither of us stepped in one.

I had to steal this picture from Wikipedia because I forgot to take  one!
The biggest event of the day (besides the 6 hour train ride) was visiting the cathedral. We got to walk to the top and the tower and also into the clock tower where the bells are. There were a LOT of steps.

we climbed all the way to the top

the view from the top 

To replenish the energy lost climbing all of those stairs, we sampled the local Langerote, a long sausage in a bun, with onions and curry ketchup.


Later, we went and got some drinks at a local brewery, and then some doner at one of the many local doner stands. Tim and I tried to get a good shot of this pretty church (the Herz Jesu Kirche - a.k.a. Jesus Heart Church), but it was getting dark!


At about 6:30, we got on a train heading back to Konstanz...but not before Tim was able to grab a great photo op with his favorite cat!


No comments:

Post a Comment