Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beginning of Classes and Related Adventures

There is a big gap between this post and the last. During that time, Tim and Bekah  passed the time browsing the internet, drawing pictures, having friends over for dinner, playing Yatzee with friends, walking around town, and eating ice cream. Lots of ice cream. Monday was Tim's first day of class, and today was my first day of going to the grocery store alone.

Let's start with Tim. He got placed in the 2nd highest German class, and they have intensive newspaper reading homework. The other half of the course is an orientation to the Uni course, and so he is also learning about the features of the school. 

Now for Bekah. Since Tim is gone for 6-7 hours a day, and since I still have not started working, I have begun to adopt the life of a housewife...a lazy housewife, though, because I don't cook or take care of kids. I thought I could get used to being by myself, and then I realized that not only was I alone, but that I was TRAPPED inside by my language skills. So we bought a bike for me and I went to the store to break out of that. Getting there was all downhill for me. Literally. I hardly had to pedal. Interaction was stressful, but I managed and I got back on my bike to struggle uphill for what seemed like hours. It seems strange to me that I can run for hours, yet riding a 3 minute stretch of hill made my legs so shaky that I could barely walk. 

Speaking of running, Tim and I have been improving our minimalist running shoe form and we LOVE it. We go running through the forest and it is so relaxing to run like a T-rex. That's about it. I will try to update more regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment